Sunday, September 6, 2009

Parent's 60th anniversary


Saturday we celebrated mom and dad's 60th wedding anniversary at Maddox Restaurant. These days it's quite an accomplishment to be married that long! Various family members attended the celebration to make it a special day. Maddox food was delicious(like I had any doubt), especially their rolls with raspberry butter, fresh peach pie and tender corn on the cob---okay my whole meal was excellent--turkey steak & mashed potatoes included. It makes my mouth water thinking about it! After our savory dinner, we gathered in a small park behind the restaurant to record mom and dad answering various questions about their lives. I loved listening to their memories. I think I need to record more of their memories! It was a great day of celebration and family! Loved it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the food was excellent! You did a great job pulling everything together!

    ReplyDelete