Saturday, February 27, 2010

Olympics

I've always enjoyed when the Olympics were going on, both summer and winter. Not only do I enjoy watching some of the competition, but I love the stories of the athletes overcoming their adversities and failures! It's so inspiring to me! And then there is the on-going drama happening during the Olympics! There's never a dull moment! When the Olympics were in SLC in 2002, I volunteered down at the Olympic Square, where all the sponsors had fun activities, where the medal ceremonies occurred, where the ice skating venue was , and a daily parade went through. It was an exhausting job but I absolutely loved it! I loved making new friends, seeing the athletes, going to events and even being able to use my Swedish for once! I think the Olympic games help the world be united for 2 weeks of the year!

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about your adventures. I totally think it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete