Sunday, December 5, 2010

Messiah Sing-In

I attended our neighborhood Messiah Sing-In last night. They provided the orchestra & soloists and the congregation provided the choir parts(we didn't do the whole score, just an hour and a half worth). So you have a score of the music with you and it's like crazy to follow(especially for someone like me who can't keep count of notes). I tried to keep to my alto part but I sang all the different parts (I was used to singing with the record when I was younger, so many times I just sang those parts that were embedded in my mind). Growing up, my parents had the Messiah album and as it neared Christmas, it would be played on the record player every Sunday(My dad still listens to the CD every Sunday during December). And during the Hallelujah Chorus there was a part that the needle always got stuck so it literally played "forever & ever Hallelujah" forever & ever. By the time CD's came out and I listened to it without the 'scratch', I found it odd to hear the song perfectly played. My mind still heard the 'scratch repeat'. Anyway the Sing-In was worth attending to feel the Lord's Spirit and get me focused on the true meaning of Christmas! Plus it's fun to try singing the chorus parts like professionals!

No comments:

Post a Comment