Sunday, August 14, 2011

Denver, CO

Last weekend I visited my niece and her family in Denver. The kids taught me about Xbox, but I still couldn't figure it out(and I tried). I fear my hands, fingers and brain are just not "wired" for that kind of entertainment! But I had an awesome time playing other activities with all 4 of them! We always play 'til we're worn out!! Plus we got to celebrate Alana's 4th birthday!! We rode bikes(with Alana learning to ride better & faster) to a park nearby, and spent a few hours there. And I couldn't believe that I got sunburned(on arms and face)--it's not like this was my first time in sun this summer--I did have a healthy tan already--so I was quite surprised(and I didn't even get a hint of burn in Jackson on water)! Anyway, I sure slept well at nights after exerting so much energy during the days!! And of course, it wouldn't be a trip to Denver if I didn't play Phase 10 with my niece 'Netta---we both absolutely LOVE that game---I barely won by 25 points! It seems to be that the only time I play Phase 10 these days--I need to find a fellow Phase 10-lover in my neighborhood! Years ago, I believe in 1997-1998(or both years) I played every Thursday night with 2 or 3 friends that would come over to my place for our "Friends"/"ER" night(played Phase 10 in between shows) and Sunday nights after "Hercules"/"Xena"---even made own score cards in lamination so they could be used over and over again! Maybe that's another reason I love the game so much is because of the many fond memories with my niece and friends that come along with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment