Sunday, December 11, 2011

ABBAmania

If you around in the 70s(and even if you were not), ABBA was one of the great bands. They were from Sweden. And they usually wore outrageous colorful outfits(at least now we think that---back then it was cool)! They had lots of catchy tunes and more recently they made a broadway musical called MammaMia using just ABBA songs(they made the songs follow a fun story)! Well now a pseudo-ABBA tours the world recreating the ABBA hit songs! So Jenn and I went to St. George to ABBAmania! I tried to dress as 70s-ish as I could with my flare sleeves and hair tied back with a scarf--if I could have found some reasonably priced knee-boots, I would have worn those too! The pseudo-ABBA group didn't dress too crazy though--in fact the girls almost looked in style since many of the 70s styles have come back right now. I was a bit worried about the fun-factor of the crowd seeing all the white-haired people around me--but luckily there's enough of the younger generation that know ABBA too---so we had a fun time dancing and singing to the songs! We even had our concert lighter app on our phones to sway back and forth on slower songs! Even though I lost my voice from singing and screaming for a few hours, it was well worth it!!

1 comment: