Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Disneyland

The day school was out, Jennifer Dahl and I left for California. We stayed with her aunt and uncle in Huntington Beach. It's close to Disney and beaches! When we rented a car, we were given a choice between a Yaris or Mustang...as you can imagine, we picked the Mustang '10. We thought we were pretty darn cool in that car! I always love Disneyland! I think it's my 5th time here(that I remember). We rode on all the rides we wanted, my favorite being the Indiana Jones Adventure(4-wheeling), Space Mountain(rollercoaster in space), and a new one we tried called Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster. The Astro Blaster is an interactive ride. So you are shooting your lasergun at targets while riding(and getting points). We rode that one many times because we both wanted to beat our scores from before. I did try to find Jack Sparrow at the Pirates Lair but was told he was on a long voyage...boo hoo! We ate dinner one night at the Blue Bayou, which is the restaurant that you see at the beginning of Pirates of Caribbean ride. The atmosphere was great and the food was even better! That has to be the best restaurant in the Disney parks! We had to make a reservation the day before we went because it is so popular! California Adventureland is just across from Disneyland. We made it a goal to go on every ride there, which we did. My favorite rides from there were California Screamer(long, fast rollercoaster), Soarin' over California(simulated flying over CA), and Toy Story(another interactive 3-D ride shooting at targets)! Between the 2 parks we were able to get pictures with many Disney characters. And the lines were not so bad, but we still got Fast Passes for our favorite rides. And the weather was in the 70's in the daytime and 60's at night. So it was cooler and I loved that! Only problem with cooler weather was at the beach! It was freezing just to sit on the beach relaxing because of the temperatures and the wind! But since we were at the beach, we did get in the water to freeze more! You can't go to a beach and not get in the water somehow. That was at Huntington Beach. Then we went to Laguna Beach because it has more rocks/cliffs to protect you from the wind. So I got my beach chair out there to write postcards. The high tide was coming in so it was getting my feet. But then a huge tide came in and about carried me and my chair away. Decided it was time to move! We didn't get as much beach time as we would have liked because of the weather. But it did save me from too many UV rays! Disneyland seems like such an equalizer of people because no matter your age or lifestyle, everyone acts younger and seems a bit happier!










No comments:

Post a Comment