Sunday, September 11, 2011

USU football

USU football started out their season playing nationally ranked and defending champion Auburn(yes that's my Alabama Crimson Tide's rival). I think I can safely say that no one expected much from USU---I just hoped we wouldn't end up with zero on the scoreboard. Needless to say, I thought it would be a pretty boring game with Auburn dominating it. Much to my surprise, USU gave quite the battle. The scoring went back and forth between the teams(we have an awesome freshman QB--Chuckie Keeton) and I was on the edge of my seat the whole game---I didn't want to leave because the action was happening so quickly! And with 3 minutes left, USU was 10 points ahead. Unfortunately the defense broke down and Auburn ended up winning in the last 3 minutes by 4 points! Even though I was disappointed by the loss, I was so impressed with the offensive team! USU has had so many losing seasons, that to start out with such an awesome game, that I wanted to attend game up in Logan. So last weekend my friend and I attended the Weber State vs USU game up in Logan. With the first half of the game, I was ready to leave---we were playing awful(not anything like last week)---it didn't matter we were tied 17-17 by half-time because it was not good football to watch. But I don't know what was said to the team during half-time, but they came out with their game on--back to exciting football game watching---we ended up winning 54-17--and each touchdown was an exciting play/s to watch! I have to admit though, I was feeling bad for Weber State after we got 2 touchdowns ahead---I secretly wished we would just leave an area open for them to have some success cuz they had to be feeling horrible! All I can say is I better start saving for a bowl game ticket if their success continues as such!



No comments:

Post a Comment