Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sound of Music

My main purpose with this post was to see if I could figure out how to add a video clip to a blog. So we'll see how it goes.

The Sound of Music has to be one of my all-time favorite musicals! Not only is it filled with intrigue and love, but the music is so darn catchy! My friend and I were able to attend a Sing-Along up at the outdoor theater at Sundance. It is one of the most fun memories I have! The movie was on the big screen and various people had dressed up as characters from the movie. We had a costume contest and were given instructions on how to react to the movie. As we came in we were given a goodie bag filled with paraphernalia to be used throughout the movie. Before it started, we were taught actions to the Do-Re-Mi song. Then throughout the movie we were given permission to bark when we saw Rolf(for the dog he was!), "aaww" everytime Greta came out and "boo" when the Countess came out, not to mention the fun things in the goodie bag to use at certain times(a confetti popper for when they first kiss, fake Eidelweiss to hold in the air while swaying, etc...). It was a blast! I hadn't seen that much action from audience movie-goers since The Rocky Horror Show which had been a midnight movie at the theater I worked in many years ago(and we had to discontinue that since it made such a mess on the floor!)! Anyway, last year, my friend gave me a puppet goat that sings the Lonely Goatherd song for Christmas! I laughed and laughed as I played with the goat. So that will be my video attempt:

1 comment: