Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Harry Potter Palooza

The final installment of the HP films(8th one) happened last weekend. Mandy and Kristie came down to my area to attend the pre-movie party and the midnight showing. We attended the party in SLC and the movie in Ogden(3D no less). When we arrived at the party we were given 4 galleons to spend on butterbeer(cream soda/butterscotchy flavor with lots of foam), the sorting ceremony(I got Ravenclaw), a treat from the trolley(got grape stick), and pins of all the horcruxes. Plus there were other activities going on. I loved seeing all the costumes people wore---we tried to get pictures with those who looked really good! We also "rode a hippogriff" which was a mechanical bull---I could not, for the life of me, swing my leg up to face forward but my leg swung easily to face backwards onto the bull, so that's what I did---it actually was easier to hang on backwards because I could set my butt on the neck area of bull and wrap my legs around the head(and the guy controlling it, let each of us take over the controls for each other). Kristie and Mandy took advantage of the free massages offered while I wandered around. And then we left the party early and headed to Ogden to see our 12:30am movie. We had a 3D showing and the glasses were shaped like HP's! I thought that was clever! The movie was excellent--action packed and emotional! Not only was the story-line emotional, but realizing that this was the end to a 14 year Harry Potter era(that I have been involved in)!! I guess it's time for me to reread the books for the umpteenth time! But what do I look forward to now with HP?! JK Rowling said she was going to start some interactive kind of HP reading on-line this October--so maybe that will feed my addiction to HP! Needless to say, it was a bittersweet night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment