Sunday, July 31, 2011

Smurfistic

Last weekend I spent some time with Skylar and his family in Burley, ID. Our main activity was seeing the new Smurf movie---it was very cute! I think I enjoyed listening to the children laughing more than the movie itself. But now I have "la, la, la, la..." song stuck in my head! The movie theater(the only one in town) we went to only accepted cash for everything---how bizarre is that! It's not like Burley is some small town(and I've been to smaller towns than Burley with credit/debit card machines) so they need to catch up with the 21st century and have credit/debit card accessibility at a movie theater! But of course they had a ATM machine right there so the bank is making a fortune on all our $2 fees for withdrawing! Also, I was able to enjoy some playtime with the kids before the movie and meet their new great dane "puppy", Jazzy(who is huge already)! And I loved chatting with the kids(and as Lindsey said "let's talk" as she pulled me into the front room) about bugs and Smurfs and movies! After the movie we all went to Dairy Queen for ice cream(love that stuff)! In the end, I had a smurfistic time hanging with all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment