Monday, October 22, 2012

Man vs Mud


First of all you must know, I am not a runner in any way, shape or form. So I surprised myself by complying to enter the 5K Man vs Mud run in Cache Valley. I'll admit, I was a bit nervous as the Saturday neared in September. But in the end, I had so much fun that I might have to do this run every year! It's not so much of a run as it is obstacle course after obstacle course of mud, with walking in between to the various muddy barriers! My favorite part had to be the slippery slides into muddy bogs! The plodding/slipping through waist deep bogs and climbing/crawling obstacles were tiring to say the least! We were definitely covered in mud when we finished! There were volunteers there who had warm water sprayers to spray us off good before we got in our vehicles. I thought I had been sprayed off pretty well until I got home and showered----what a muddy mess that was!!! Overall, I would recommend the Man vs Mud to anyone! If I can do it, anyone can!




No comments:

Post a Comment