Monday, October 22, 2012

Arches National Park

 
During Fall Break, I met up with my nephew and his family in Moab so we could enjoy Arches National Park together. We stayed at a hotel called the Rustic Inn and it was in a way---it had a kitchenette right next to the bathroom so the only sink we had was the kitchen sink, so grooming and food were kind of in the same area. And plugs were few and far between! But it was a nice place to sleep! And we definitely tired ourselves out enough! Moab was one crowded town---I guess everyone had the idea to hit the national parks one last time before Winter comes! Arches was amazing----we walked and hiked many places! My favorites were Delicate Arch---the famous Utah arch,  and the Sand Dune arch---you walk into softest sand(so we took our shoes off to enjoy the coolness of it) with walls of red, tall sandstone surrounding you! The kids had a blast in the sand---it was like entering a playground because all the kids were running and jumping barefoot in the sand---it was a happy place! And after all that walking, I didn't even feel guilty indulging in a bit of fat/sugar loaded foods! Loved that I was able to spend time with my nephew and his family in such an amazing place!






No comments:

Post a Comment