Monday, October 22, 2012

Zoo, Mall, & Temple Square


In August, my nephew and his family came down to go to the zoo. Luckily it was perfect weather to go walking because we ended up walking A LOT! First, the zoo is always fun! The most exciting part for me was that the polar bears were back! There is a new exhibit for them, but it was so crowded in that area, it was hard to enjoy the polar bears! But the tigers were up and walking so they became my favorite of the day! Much to the kids chagrin, the zoo train was down---yet we still managed to have fun! After being spectators at the zoo, we "spectated" the new City Creek Center in SLC. Downtown SLC has been mall-less for a more than a few years during this major refurbishing! It's an "outdoor" mall, but has plastic/glass roof barriers that come together if the weather is too cold or too hot. Two malls have been melded into one mall now! We ate lunch at the food court and got dessert at Cheesecake Factory! Yum!! We enjoyed all the water fountains(and the water spurts that the kids played in)! Then we walked across the street to Temple Square. Visiting the north visitor center, we walked up to view the Christus statue(my favorite part of visitor center)! By the end of our 6 hour jaunts, my legs were exhausted! It took my legs a few days to recover totally! But it was worth it because I got to spend time with my nephew and his family!


No comments:

Post a Comment