Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Your mind is a terrible thing to waste


Every Tuesday for the next 14 weeks, I will be attending a 3 hour Writing Instruction class after school. It is part of a series of classes I've been taking the past few years that will allow me to get a Reading Endorsement...that means I would be able to be a Reading teacher at a school, if I wanted. But more important than getting an endorsement, these classes are so excellent! I learn about the most recent research and strategies which will help students learn the best. The info has helped me become such a better teacher! I think all teachers should have to take these classes to update themselves on better practices in their classrooms! These classes are the cream of the crop when it comes to professional development! It's like taking college courses without the tuition! But the homework load is like college too! But it's worth it because I learn so much and we get to practice what we are learning with our current students! I would love spending the majority of my time learning everything I could in this life! There is so much to know! The older I get, the more I realize how much I don't know.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun! I have found so much joy in reading and I think every child should too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please share the wealth. Since this is what I do every day I would love some ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete